AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Problems with VW RAVE 16" wheels (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=15034)

Tom Levigne January 13th 05 12:10 AM

Problems with VW RAVE 16" wheels

Before I spend $178 each for VW RAVE wheels from the VW dealer here,
has anybody had any problems with these wheels or are they pretty reliable?

thank you

D. Dub January 13th 05 03:06 PM

Waste of $$$. Aftermarket can be had for the same or less with a wider
assortment of styles and types.

ink.net...

Lee January 13th 05 05:43 PM

After market make your car stand out instead of blend in... depending where
you live standing out can be a bad thing.. Also the Rave rims are very nice.
I'd go with Nice OEM VW over any after market.

-Lee

Andre Levac January 13th 05 07:19 PM

Agreed. I've yet to see a nice, *tasteful* aftermarket rim which is cheaper
than a comparable OEM VW rim. While other auto manufacturers supply their
vehichles with some pretty fugly junk, I think VW does has done a pretty
nice job for the most part.