AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   belts (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=74415)

Tootie1960 September 12th 06 03:32 AM

belts

How do we remove the drive and altenator belts on a 1993 Mazda Protege. We
have tried and can't get them off.

XS11E[_1_] September 12th 06 03:45 PM

belts

"Tootie1960" > wrote in
lkaboutautos.com:

> How do we remove the drive and altenator belts on a 1993 Mazda
> Protege. We have tried and can't get them off.

Do you have a shop manual? Chilton manual? Haynes manual? If not try
getting a manual and see if the procedure is shown. Your local library
may have shop manuals as well, usually you can't take them out but you
can read them there.

Bipestuff September 12th 06 11:36 PM

belts

XS11E wrote:
> "Tootie1960" > wrote in
> lkaboutautos.com:
>
> > How do we remove the drive and altenator belts on a 1993 Mazda
> > Protege. We have tried and can't get them off.

> Do you have a shop manual? Chilton manual? Haynes manual? If not try
> getting a manual and see if the procedure is shown. Your local library
> may have shop manuals as well, usually you can't take them out but you
> can read them there.

If you plan to continue to do work on your car I'd advise to buy a shop
manual. If not, the suggestion to go to the library is good, and most
libraries have a copy machine you can use to copy a few pages that you
might need.

Chuck September 14th 06 02:01 AM

belts

You can always cut them off. Unfortunately, that still leaves you with the
other half of the problem.

lkaboutautos.com...