AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Come on, let's get this thing moving!!! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=8231)

Tim January 10th 05 09:41 PM

Come on, let's get this thing moving!!!

What the hell is with people that drive 20 MPH up a straight onramp? I kid
you not, 20 MPH.

The other day I turned onto an onramp behind a driver that was going 20, and
I kept waiting for him to speed up, but he never did. The ramp is long
enough that you can give 50% throttle once you turn onto the ramp and be at
70MPH by the time the lane joins with the main highway. So once I figured
that this bozo wasn't going to speed up I slowed down to build up space in
front of me (this meant almost stopping on the ramp), then timing my
manuvure such that I floor it, and just as I get close to the rear of buddy
I can move over into a gap in the right lane at interstate speeds. I passed
him like he was standing still (which he almost was).

What would posses someone to drive so slow on an onramp? That's slower than
a residental road. That's slower than a semi could do on the ramp. I don't
even want to think about how he managed to merge (if he did), and if he was
going to continue to drive 20 on the interstate.

Brent P January 10th 05 09:47 PM

In article >, Tim wrote:

> What would posses someone to drive so slow on an onramp? That's slower than
> a residental road. That's slower than a semi could do on the ramp. I don't
> even want to think about how he managed to merge (if he did), and if he was
> going to continue to drive 20 on the interstate.

They are common morons. They expect the world to adjust to them.
Not even a semi bearing down on them will get them to accelerate.
I've been cut off by two different truckers in less than a week because
the truckers decided it was better to cut me off than deal with the merge
impared.

Brent P January 10th 05 09:47 PM

Skip Elliott Bowman January 11th 05 03:54 AM

"Tim" > wrote in message

> What would posses someone to drive so slow on an onramp?

Fear.

Skip Elliott Bowman January 11th 05 03:54 AM