AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Is it just me or the Chrysler 300 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21750)

fear January 21st 05 02:36 AM

Is it just me or the Chrysler 300

... is the chrysler 300 a beautiful automobile or what?

specially the c version with the 5.7 Hemi .. i priced one on their website
and i only added 2 extra options which were the Uconnect for my cellphone
so i can talk handsfree via bluetooth and the Sliding power moonroof and it
came to about 36 grand.. leather seats.. pure luxury..

i love the darn thing.

Sam O'Nella January 21st 05 03:04 AM

fear wrote:
> .. is the chrysler 300 a beautiful automobile or what?

What.

Looks like a smashed version of one of their typical ugly obnoxious trucks.

Max January 21st 05 03:46 AM

fear a écrit :
> .. is the chrysler 300 a beautiful automobile or what?
>
> specially the c version with the 5.7 Hemi .. i priced one on their website
> and i only added 2 extra options which were the Uconnect for my cellphone
> so i can talk handsfree via bluetooth and the Sliding power moonroof and it
> came to about 36 grand.. leather seats.. pure luxury..
>
> i love the darn thing.

The grille is hideous, so I'd get a Magnum...

otherwise good... needs a manual trans.

Find it hilarious that the auto rags say that "America's Back" with this
car, which was penned by a guy from Montreal, it's built in Brampton,
and all this from a company based in Stuttgart! Ha ha ha!

--
----------------------
http://www.saab-900.tk

Garth Almgren January 21st 05 06:00 AM

Around 1/20/2005 6:36 PM, fear wrote:

> .. is the chrysler 300 a beautiful automobile or what?

What indeed.

--
~/Garth |"I believe that it is better to tell the truth than a lie.
Almgren | I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave.

N8N January 21st 05 04:30 PM

fear wrote:
> .. is the chrysler 300 a beautiful automobile or what?
>
> specially the c version with the 5.7 Hemi .. i priced one on their

website
> and i only added 2 extra options which were the Uconnect for my

cellphone
> so i can talk handsfree via bluetooth and the Sliding power moonroof

and it
> came to about 36 grand.. leather seats.. pure luxury..
>
> i love the darn thing.

I'm indifferent on the styling, but the inexcusable bit IMHO is that
Chrysler came up with such a mechanically nice car and didn't see fit
to offer a manual transmission. That pretty much rules it out for me.
nate

Sam O'Nella January 21st 05 04:38 PM

> I'm indifferent on the styling, but the inexcusable bit IMHO is that
> Chrysler came up with such a mechanically nice car and didn't see fit
> to offer a manual transmission. That pretty much rules it out for me.
> nate

Old men (the primary target market of that abomination) don't care to shift.

James C. Reeves January 21st 05 11:43 PM

"Sam O'Nella" > wrote in message
> fear wrote:
>> .. is the chrysler 300 a beautiful automobile or what?

> What.
>
> Looks like a smashed version of one of their typical ugly obnoxious
> trucks.

I agree. And I'm a Chrysler fan. But they're selling like hotcakes though!
Now, I actually like the look of the trucks.

James C. Reeves January 21st 05 11:46 PM

"Sam O'Nella" > wrote in message

>> I'm indifferent on the styling, but the inexcusable bit IMHO is that
>> Chrysler came up with such a mechanically nice car and didn't see fit
>> to offer a manual transmission. That pretty much rules it out for me.
>> nate

> Old men (the primary target market of that abomination) don't care to
> shift.

Yep, this old fart's shifting days are over. With the 2-3MPH traffic EVERY
DAY for miles and miles on end on the DC beltway is what did it for me.

James C. Reeves January 22nd 05 04:08 AM

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message

>>> What.
>>>
>>> Looks like a smashed version of one of their typical ugly obnoxious
>>> trucks.

>>I agree. And I'm a Chrysler fan. But they're selling like hotcakes
>>though!

> That's because they have a powerful HEMI under the hood.

Probably so....plus the RWD is a hot ticket these days too. I would imagine
that the driving experience is fairly "thrilling".

fear January 22nd 05 02:51 PM

> Probably so....plus the RWD is a hot ticket these days too. I would
> imagine that the driving experience is fairly "thrilling".

it also comes in AWD which is a must in the northeast.