AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Need some suggestions... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58291)

Nick Price March 1st 06 07:04 PM

Need some suggestions...

I recently picked up a Manx-style buggy (Bird Automotive T-Bird kit) built
on a shortened '64 pan with a '67 12v single-port 1500cc motor.

The motor is in need of a rebuild and while I'm at it I'd like go get a
little more oomph from it. What I'd been planning was swapping heads for
dual-port, using new pistons to bump it up to 1600cc, and going with a dual
carbuerated setup. Does this sound feasible? Where can I get some of these
parts (especially a rebuild kit)

Thanks

A Veteran for Peace March 5th 06 07:19 PM

Need some suggestions...

In article > ,
"Nick Price" > wrote:

> I recently picked up a Manx-style buggy (Bird Automotive T-Bird kit) built
> on a shortened '64 pan with a '67 12v single-port 1500cc motor.
>
> The motor is in need of a rebuild and while I'm at it I'd like go get a
> little more oomph from it. What I'd been planning was swapping heads for
> dual-port, using new pistons to bump it up to 1600cc, and going with a dual
> carbuerated setup. Does this sound feasible? Where can I get some of these
> parts (especially a rebuild kit)
>
> Thanks

and you'll need tin, maybe time for an 0ff-set cooler
certainly different studs, manifold, carb. etc. and I would suggest heads
with more meat around the spark plug. called 041 heads I believe.

--
I'm unfettered,unbound,triumphant,glorious& splendid