AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   NR2005 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36303)

Tiny Lund June 23rd 05 11:29 PM

NR2005

Very well done mod. Do the cars seem a bit more powerful? Perhaps it's the
sound. The artwork cars,tracks ect are excellent.

ZZ June 23rd 05 11:38 PM

Is this mod legal? Which sim does it mod? N2k3 or NSR?
If it mods N2K3, it might be illegal.

I'm just asking in light of "the pits" fiasco that's going on.

--
Richard "ZZ" Busch

GTRank

Member:
Screamers Racing League
oAo
AoA
MARA GTR
GT Rank +34.560
NGT Rank +37.765
GT Rank Monster +1163.777
GPL Rank + 14.768
MoGPL Rank + 308.654
N2003 Rank -18.8060
----------------
Remember racecar is racecar spelled backward

jwilson54 June 24th 05 12:16 AM

It mods nr2003,is it illegal???I'm not a lawyer and nobody has went
court yet so I would say it's really not decided.

LuvrSmel June 24th 05 08:26 AM

I think this might be stupid week for me...but when I downloaded this mod I
got the N2005 Nascar Craftsman Truck Series.
Can't find any cars here.
Is there an N2005 NASCAR that is not trucks??

PietD June 24th 05 09:13 AM

just click on the little arrows in the series screen at the bottom to
change the series. There are Nextel and Busch series.

Plowboy June 24th 05 02:40 PM

Tiny,

What setup you try (and I should aks what track?) because I only did KS, and
the setup was sooo loose mid & exit I thought I had a *real* driving curve,
leaing curve problem, lol. loaded the FAST setup and I was ok, not setting
any records or nothing.

Tiny Lund enlightened us with:

Darus June 24th 05 02:57 PM

I hate the menu color, the gray. Can I copy/paste the original black
menu's into this mod? How?

Anyone find it odd that the installer never asks for the location of
the NR2003 install? Better get this one while it still exists!

Adam June 24th 05 06:53 PM

It's a stand-alone game that fully converts the NR2k3 engine, but insanely
updates the graphics and physics. I mean INSANELY updates them. The game
is the best looking racing game I've ever played, in fact. It's a 700mb
download.

Darus June 24th 05 07:12 PM

How is it "converting" the NR2003 engine when it doesn't ask where it
is? The 2005 mod automagically installed to my C: drive and my NR2003
install is on my F: drive. I don't want to shout TOO loud, but there
has to be Papy code included.

Darus June 24th 05 08:20 PM

Does anyone else notice the REALLY blurry billboards, especially at
Infineon? The ones on the left as you approach the hairpin are
especially blurry.

I can see the menu updates, but a lot of the other stuff seems the
same. For example, the Unocal ball at Lowe's is still there. And the
Nextel billboards are all horrible, as if the image that was used was
poorly sized.

What is the source of this update, i.e. who did all the work?