AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Stevie (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=738)

Dave LaCourse May 11th 04 11:28 PM

Stevie

DT writes:

>Don't you still have a LandBruiser for your fishing trips?

Yeah. Joanne has it. It has 110K miles on it. Change the oil, lube it, put
tires on every 60K and brakes every 50K and it is gonna live forever. Trouble
is, I go away while she stays home *with* the Land Bruiser. If we go together,
like to Lakewood, we'll use the LB. Just got back from a steelhead trip with
Peter - we drove the Audi to Ontario. I'm driving Roger Ohlund (from Sweden)
to the Penns this Saturday in the Audi, but I will not let wayno or pj drive
it. d;o)
Dave

http://hometown.aol.com/davplac/myhomepage/index.html

daytripper May 11th 04 11:38 PM

On 11 May 2004 22:28:35 GMT, irate (Dave LaCourse) wrote:

>DT writes:
>
>>Don't you still have a LandBruiser for your fishing trips?

>Yeah. Joanne has it. It has 110K miles on it. Change the oil, lube it, put
>tires on every 60K and brakes every 50K and it is gonna live forever. Trouble
>is, I go away while she stays home *with* the Land Bruiser. If we go together,
>like to Lakewood, we'll use the LB. Just got back from a steelhead trip with
>Peter - we drove the Audi to Ontario. I'm driving Roger Ohlund (from Sweden)
>to the Penns this Saturday in the Audi, but I will not let wayno or pj drive
>it. d;o)

lol that's very wise of you. Even when they ain't been drinking those boyz
are crazy mofos ;-)

Perhaps your lovely bride would like something newer - leaving you with the
LB? There's gotta be some solution that lets you keep such an awesome car!

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd

Dave LaCourse May 12th 04 01:09 AM

DT writes:

>Perhaps your lovely bride would like something newer - leaving you with the
>LB? There's gotta be some solution that lets you keep such an awesome car!

Keep It? Hell, you couldn't remove my dead hands from the steering wheel!
We'll keep the RS6 - at least until the warranty is past - and the LB. I
really do need a beater for fishing, however.

Steve Grauman May 12th 04 03:54 AM

>It's a wonderful car, but I can't take it fishing, so we're gonna buy a
>beater.

I wish I could remember the name of this company. They buy and restore old Jeep
Grand Wagoneers. Fully restored with all the goodies they were selling them for
like $18k. Not super-cheap but not bad for such a large, versatile vehicle with
a honking V8.