AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   If your dash lights up.... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=66527)

TeeVee June 2nd 06 02:58 AM

If your dash lights up....

Here is a stupid question. When you start your vehicle and the dash
goes through the power-up test, if the image lights up, do you have that
feature or option available? In mine, the tire pressure indicator
lights up (test) but I didn't see that option available on the window
sticker.

Tony D. June 2nd 06 05:08 PM

If your dash lights up....

TeeVee wrote:
> Here is a stupid question. When you start your vehicle and the dash
> goes through the power-up test, if the image lights up, do you have that
> feature or option available? In mine, the tire pressure indicator
> lights up (test) but I didn't see that option available on the window
> sticker.

You don't mention the vehicle, but in the Magnum for example there was a
running production change. The later dash cluster and CC module support
tire pressure monitoring, but the cars lack the wheel senders and the
receiver module. If you add those, then you have tp monitoring.

Dan June 5th 06 04:28 PM

If your dash lights up....

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 01:58:14 GMT, TeeVee >
wrote:

>Here is a stupid question. When you start your vehicle and the dash
>goes through the power-up test, if the image lights up, do you have that
>feature or option available? In mine, the tire pressure indicator
>lights up (test) but I didn't see that option available on the window
>sticker.

Most of what you see when all the symbols light up is loosely referred
to as a "bulb check" to show you that the lights behind the symbols
are working. Otherwise, you would never know when one burned out.
And it's common to have lights behind symbols that are for options
that are not on your car.