AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Color Opinions (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=34279)

Frank Garvin June 1st 05 11:15 PM

Color Opinions

Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic shortly
and what to go with the most trouble free finish.

Fred June 2nd 05 12:39 AM

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 22:15:57 GMT, Frank Garvin
[NOSPAM]> wrote:

>Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
>IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
>and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic shortly
>and what to go with the most trouble free finish.

silver seems to be easy

motsco_ _ June 2nd 05 01:21 AM

Frank Garvin wrote:
> Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
> IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
> and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic shortly
> and what to go with the most trouble free finish.

------------------------

White and silver are best . . .Take a look at this on-going discussion:

http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/viewtopic.php?p=92240#92240

'Curly'

SoCalMike June 2nd 05 03:24 PM

Frank Garvin wrote:
> Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
> IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
> and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic shortly
> and what to go with the most trouble free finish.

IMO, a silver/champaign color hides dust best

SoCalMike June 2nd 05 03:28 PM

motsco_ _ wrote:
> Frank Garvin wrote:
>
>> Looking for opinions as to what is the easiest color to keep clean.
>> IE,..black in my opinion dirties quickly and also seems to spider web
>> and its hard to keep a glossy finish. I'm picking up a new Civic
>> shortly and what to go with the most trouble free finish.

> ------------------------
>
> White and silver are best . . .Take a look at this on-going discussion:
>
> http://www.hondasuv.com/stg/viewtopic.php?p=92240#92240
>
> 'Curly'

when i see a white car, i think "rental". JMO, of course.

Howard Lester June 2nd 05 06:06 PM

"SoCalMike" wrote

> IMO, a silver/champaign color hides dust best

Champagne... it's called Desert Mist Metallic (on Accords, anyway), and it
can look nice in a non-desert environment where everything already looks
like the desert. Mine's white, doesn't show swirls, reflects the heat,
looks sharp when clean. :) Also, it has a light tone interior, whereas the
silver (Accords) have a black interior. No thanks on black. I just wish the
white had that metallic luster I see on some other cars.

[email protected] June 2nd 05 08:53 PM

Howard Lester wrote:
> "SoCalMike" wrote
>
> > IMO, a silver/champaign color hides dust best

> Champagne... it's called Desert Mist Metallic (on Accords, anyway), and it
> can look nice in a non-desert environment where everything already looks
> like the desert. Mine's white, doesn't show swirls, reflects the heat,
> looks sharp when clean. :) Also, it has a light tone interior, whereas the
> silver (Accords) have a black interior. No thanks on black. I just wish the
> white had that metallic luster I see on some other cars.

Desert Mist is really beige. Honda calls their colors a "pearl"
finish, but it is really just metallic flakes, unlike mica used in
upscale cars. Desert Mist hides dirt like your mother-in-law is
coming over. When I think of a rental car, I think of red, by the way.

S.S. June 2nd 05 09:08 PM

wrote:

> Desert Mist is really beige. Honda calls their colors a "pearl"
> finish, but it is really just metallic flakes, unlike mica used in
> upscale cars. Desert Mist hides dirt like your mother-in-law is
> coming over. When I think of a rental car, I think of red, by the way.

Toyota also calls some of their colors "pearl". My brother has a 2005
Corolla whose color is, as Toyota calls it, "phantom grey pearl".

SoCalMike June 3rd 05 05:33 AM

wrote:
> Desert Mist is really beige. Honda calls their colors a "pearl"
> finish, but it is really just metallic flakes, unlike mica used in
> upscale cars.

yup. proud owner of a 98 civic cx, in "dark pearl amethyst". g/f calls
it "the purple egg"

motsco_ _ June 3rd 05 02:40 PM

SoCalMike wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> Desert Mist is really beige. Honda calls their colors a "pearl"
>> finish, but it is really just metallic flakes, unlike mica used in
>> upscale cars.

> yup. proud owner of a 98 civic cx, in "dark pearl amethyst". g/f calls
> it "the purple egg"

Is that the one that's the color of eggplant? Really hard to keep clean?
Looks black under the right street lights?

'Curly'