AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   My windows leak :( (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72766)

Scott Streeter[_3_] August 20th 06 03:53 PM

My windows leak :(

Both the moldings above my windows keep filling up with water during
the rain. Is there a drain or something that might be clogged causing
this? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

XS11E[_1_] August 20th 06 07:45 PM

My windows leak :(

Scott Streeter > wrote in
:

> Both the moldings above my windows keep filling up with water during
> the rain. Is there a drain or something that might be clogged causing
> this? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Mouldings above the windows? You're not talking about a Miata I guess,
can you give us some more information?

Iva August 20th 06 08:57 PM

My windows leak :(

Scott Streeter wrote:
> Both the moldings above my windows keep filling up with water during
> the rain. Is there a drain or something that might be clogged causing
> this? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Look at the top of the door frame, there's a cup-shaped moulding there and
it drains down the door frame to the rocker panel - run a long flexible wire
down there to try to get some of the debris out. Pine needles are a real
culprit around here.

You also might check out this thread on miata.net for more help...
(http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=169497)

Iva & Belle.)
'90B Classic Red.)
#3 winkin' Miata

Scott Streeter[_2_] August 21st 06 01:28 PM

My windows leak :(

"Iva" > writes:

> Scott Streeter wrote:
> > Both the moldings above my windows keep filling up with water during
> > the rain. Is there a drain or something that might be clogged causing
> > this? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

> Look at the top of the door frame, there's a cup-shaped moulding there and
> it drains down the door frame to the rocker panel - run a long flexible wire
> down there to try to get some of the debris out. Pine needles are a real
> culprit around here.
>
> You also might check out this thread on miata.net for more help...
> (http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=169497)
>
> Iva & Belle.)
> '90B Classic Red.)
> #3 winkin' Miata

Ya, that sounds like my problem. I've been messing with just the
rubber part but never tried to adjust the mounting plate under
it. Thanks.

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Jeroen Feelders August 24th 06 06:52 PM

My windows leak :(

In addition you can move the weatherstrip a bit so they touch each other
better and no drips will come through...

--
The Silver Striped 91B Crystal White Miata - http://miata.feelders.com
Mazda MX-5 Club of the Netherlands Technical and Websitecommission Member -

"Scott Streeter" > schreef in bericht

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

Scott Streeter[_1_] August 25th 06 01:48 PM

My windows leak :(

It's not an issue with drips coming through. The molding actually
fills up with water inside and when I drive it all spills out on
me. Very annoying :(

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/

--
Scott Streeter