AutoBanter

-   4x4 (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Geo Tracker shifting problem (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=6719)

Kristi De Paul November 1st 04 09:18 PM

Geo Tracker shifting problem

I'm experiencing a shifting problem with my '96 Geo Tracker 4x4
automatic. I can start it up in the morning, shift into Drive and be
on my way. But, if I put it into Park (say, to get out of my car to
check the mailbox) then try to shift back into Drive, it refuses. This
inability to shift from Park to Drive usually goes on for about 15
minutes, then, miraculously, it magically slides into Drive. Does
anyone have the same experience with their vehicle? Any clues as to
what is going on, and how much it will cost to get it fixed? Thanks
so much for any help! -Kristi in Chico, CA

Marc Sebens November 3rd 04 03:27 AM

I know a few people who have had that problem. Here's how to fix it:

First, sell the Tracker. Then, buy a Jeep.

m...

Peter D. Hipson November 4th 04 02:05 AM

Shifter won't move? Or when you go to D, the car won't move?

First one: problem with shift lock, proalby cheap to fix.
Second one: problme with tranny, big bucks.

Paule The Weasel November 5th 04 05:30 PM

Bite me JEEP boy ......My Suzuki will Outwheel a Heep......anywhere
anytime......
Woo Hooo .......maybe it will go faster in the Highway......and thats
what I build my truck for goin fast on the highway....yeah thats it

The Dirt Weasel
"JEEP..........It's whats fer' Dinner".....".Here Jeeper Jeeper "
if it takes more than 3 bolts .......... it's important
Click below to see the new Cabin!!!
http://community.webtv.net/TheDRTWZL/WelcometoSasquatch

Peter D. Hipson November 6th 04 02:32 PM

Plonk!