AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   1974 Super Beetle turn signal/flasher relay (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38790)

ITman July 21st 05 10:03 PM

1974 Super Beetle turn signal/flasher relay

Can anybody help? I have a five pin relay that appears to be bad (shake
& sounds like a broken light bulb), signals don't work, flashers don't
work. Checked bulbs - OK.

THe part I took off the back of the fuse box in slot #3 per the owner's
manual is a 5 pin relay HELLA 002684-03 or VW 111 955 531.

All the parts places have is a 3 pin connector type relay for this
model.

THoughts?
Thanks!

Joseph Meehan July 22nd 05 01:26 AM

ITman wrote:
> Can anybody help? I have a five pin relay that appears to be bad
> (shake & sounds like a broken light bulb), signals don't work,
> flashers don't work. Checked bulbs - OK.
>
> THe part I took off the back of the fuse box in slot #3 per the
> owner's manual is a 5 pin relay HELLA 002684-03 or VW 111 955 531.
>
> All the parts places have is a 3 pin connector type relay for this
> model.
>
> THoughts?
> Thanks!

As I recall (my memory is not perfect) it used a rather standard flasher
and if you take the one you have into the auto parts store they should be
able to find one for you.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Woodchuck July 22nd 05 01:38 AM

3 prong may or may not work, can't remember. Did you happen to try your
local VW dealer since you got the part number. Darn thing can't be that
much.

oups.com...

ITman July 22nd 05 02:59 AM

Tried MOFOCO (local Milwaukee VW) place and all they came up with was
the three prong for around $15. I may give it a try anyway. Just
didn't want to break anything (we all know what that feels like!)

Grahame Rumballe July 22nd 05 06:38 AM

Ask his question in the aircooled group and "Speedy Jim"
will know the answer!
or go to his site
Grahame
from Aus