AutoBanter

-   Ford Mustang (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Brakes for '03 Cobra (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38433)

Rick Olive July 17th 05 03:22 PM

Brakes for '03 Cobra

Yup, it's that time. With only 30,000 miles on the clock and two sets of
tires later <grin> it's time for a new set of brakes. Any '03-'04 Cobra
owners got practical experience with aftermarket brakes? Already looked
at all the sites and searched the NG's so I've got some ideas but would
appreciate any input from you guys (or gals!).

Dan July 18th 05 04:16 PM

Are you talking just replacing the pads and rotors or more than that
:).

The stock Brembo rotors are very nice. Mine's a street car so I opted
for a set of Baer Eradispeed single piece rotors with drilling and I'm
really happy with those.

I use HPS hawk pads and they have been great; good stops and no noises.
I know a lot of Cobra owners that like the Performance Friction pads;
they cost less and are a tad noisier.

[email protected] July 19th 05 09:38 PM

Brembo replacement rotors, braided lines and hawk pads seem to be a
good choice.

Go register at www.stangnet.com and ask in their 'SVT Tech' section. I
did and I got the response above, and my 97 Cobra is quite happy with
the minor changes. Tirerack seems to have good prices on the parts, YMMV.

Your car is pretty new, but on my 97 I did a full flush of the brake
system fluid at the same time. It was like having MUCH bigger brakes all
round when I was done. :)

Rick Olive July 20th 05 04:40 PM

I'll probably just do the pads, rotors and lines for now. Thanks for the
great info!