AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   will BMW copy price cuts from Ford, GM, Chrysler ??? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=37511)

news July 6th 05 08:58 PM

will BMW copy price cuts from Ford, GM, Chrysler ???

it seems the price cuts are on junky cars only though .

how are BMW's selling ?
can u get good sticker discounts at the dealer ?

bfd July 6th 05 09:28 PM

How are BMW's selling? Good question. According to the latest US data
from Fred Meloan, BMW Group sales for June 2005 was DOWN 3.3% However,
BMW cars sales was *only* down 1.4% for the same month; while BMW truck
sales was down 18.7% Mini is in the positive being up 24.6%!

http://myfilelocker.comcast.net/fdme...roup_Sales.pdf

As for getting a good sticker discount, it all depends on the model.
The facelifted 7 Series and brand new E90 3 Series are probably a NO.
Same for the new M5. However, I bet you can get a great price on a Z4
or X5.

Somebody July 6th 05 10:30 PM

"bfd" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> How are BMW's selling? Good question. According to the latest US data
> from Fred Meloan, BMW Group sales for June 2005 was DOWN 3.3% However,
> BMW cars sales was *only* down 1.4% for the same month; while BMW truck
> sales was down 18.7% Mini is in the positive being up 24.6%!
>
> http://myfilelocker.comcast.net/fdme...roup_Sales.pdf
>
> As for getting a good sticker discount, it all depends on the model.
> The facelifted 7 Series and brand new E90 3 Series are probably a NO.
> Same for the new M5. However, I bet you can get a great price on a Z4
> or X5.

What is a BMW truck?

-Russ.

Dave Plowman (News) July 6th 05 10:48 PM

In article .com>,
bfd > wrote:
> However, BMW cars sales was *only* down 1.4% for the same month; while
> BMW truck sales was down 18.7% Mini is in the positive being up 24.6%!

BMW makes trucks now? ;-)

--
*I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

bfd July 6th 05 11:17 PM

A BMW truck is also known as a SAV or X3 or X5.....

GLitwinski July 7th 05 04:33 AM

Yep. next comes minivans. I kid you not.

Somebody July 7th 05 02:38 PM

"bfd" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> A BMW truck is also known as a SAV or X3 or X5.....

By who?

They're cars, with taller suspensions and taller bodies.

SAV does not mean truck. That's why they coined their own acronym for it.

BMW does not make trucks.

Mercedes does, but they aren't sold at the same dealership as the cars are.

-Russ.

Brewster Fong July 7th 05 04:13 PM

"Somebody" > wrote in message
.ca...

> "bfd" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> > A BMW truck is also known as a SAV or X3 or X5.....

> By who?
>
> They're cars, with taller suspensions and taller bodies.
>
> SAV does not mean truck. That's why they coined their own acronym for it.
>
> BMW does not make trucks.

TomAto, ToMAto; you call them cars with taller suspensions and bodies,
others call them truck.

I have driven an X5 around an autocross and yes, they will outhandle any
other SUV/truck, period. However, as good as the X5 handles, its definitely
not a car.

Then again, Hans Stuck, BMW factory team driver, is suppose to driven an X5
V12 (X7?) around the Nurburgring in LESS than 8 minutes! Now that's
impressive.....

CJ July 9th 05 12:53 PM

BY BMW.

.ca...