AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Brake stop plate on pans (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=37146)

MK July 2nd 05 07:03 PM

Brake stop plate on pans

I'm about to remove the drivers side front floor pan section, and noticed
that the new pan section doesn't come with a mount for the brake stop plate.
Due to the amount of previous repair/patches on my existing floor, I can't
tell how the plate mounts. It's just screwed into a mound of
rust/paint/fiberglass. Does anyone have pictures of what this should look
like on a new pan? Would I need to weld a reinforcing plate above, or below
the new pan (crappy brazilian metal, I'd never go that route again)

Thanks in advance,
Mike Kayer

User Example July 9th 05 03:59 AM

After you get your pan in and your pedal cluster mounted, figure out
where the brake pedal stop needs to go. The drill a hole in the middle
of the slot and weld a nut on the bottom of the pan. You can then bolt
the pedal stop from the top.