AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Hot to? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13746)

kendy December 12th 04 04:50 PM

Hot to?

Hi

I have just bought Volkstroker III crank and have standard rods.
Do you have any schemas how to 'rebuild' case? It wont work in standard
case. What and where should i grind in case?
Please help me :)

k.

jtbartlett December 13th 04 11:44 PM

Here's what I'd do. Before you clean the case get some modeling clay,
the red stuff some kids use in art class. Pick one side of the case to
work on. I would guestimate where the stroker crank is going to hit
and place some clay in that area. Preassemble the rods and crank in one
half of the case. If you carefully rotate the crank you should be able
to 'mark' the clay where the case interference occurs. Now you have an
idea what the area looks like where you have to remove material. Do not
hog out the area with a die grinder and call it close enough. You will
have to repeat the process a number of times to get it right. Repeat
the process with the other side of the case. If you take your time and
are reasonably careful there's no reason why you can't do this
yourself. The clearance you are trying to achieve is in the thousandths
of inches, not tenths.

Or. ship the case to RIMCO and have them do it for about 50 bucks. They
do a handy job with any case machining. But...you have to pay them, and
you learn nothing.

Good luck.

Joel Bartlett

kendy December 14th 04 10:50 AM

Thanks, i hope it helps :)

And about RIMCO...im from Poland and shiping takes more than 50$ :)

hehe

best regards

k.

Tomasz Antkowiak December 14th 04 01:00 PM

Użytkownik "kendy" > napisał w wiadomości
> Hi

Hohoho :) So mamy polish bug owners apears here last time :) What's up in
Wroclaw Kendy ? ;)))

--
Tomasz Antkowiak
antek VW 1500'66 Brown Sugar

kendy December 14th 04 03:18 PM

> Hohoho :) So mamy polish bug owners apears here last time :) What's up in
> Wroclaw Kendy ? ;)))

nice weather :) but cold :)

k.