AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What year is my super beetle? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=60580)

Derek March 27th 06 02:54 AM

What year is my super beetle?

I have a Super Beetle that I'm not sure what year it is. There is no
registration and inside the drivers side door the sticker says:
Manufactured by Volkswagenmerk AG 12/73

Would this be a 1973 or 1974 bug?

Speedy Jim March 27th 06 03:08 AM

What year is my super beetle?

Derek wrote:

> I have a Super Beetle that I'm not sure what year it is. There is no
> registration and inside the drivers side door the sticker says:
> Manufactured by Volkswagenmerk AG 12/73
>
> Would this be a 1973 or 1974 bug?

'74.

Pull the back seat up.
Stamped in the center tunnel you will find the VIN.
It should be in the format:

134 2XXX XXX

"3" indicates SuperBeetle
"4" indicates 1974 model year

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/

Derek March 27th 06 06:54 AM

What year is my super beetle?

Very cool!

The VIN is: 1342368386

Can you tell me anything more about this beetle?

Derek

. com...

bug '59 March 27th 06 03:54 PM

What year is my super beetle?

"Derek" > schreef in bericht
t...
> Very cool!
>
> The VIN is: 1342368386
>
> Can you tell me anything more about this beetle?
>
> Derek

The doorsticker is correct; dec '73
For further detailed info try this link:
http://www.dropgates.com/resto/identitycert.html

Roger

Speedy Jim March 27th 06 06:44 PM

What year is my super beetle?

Derek wrote:

> Very cool!
>
> The VIN is: 1342368386
>
> Can you tell me anything more about this beetle?
>
> Derek

If you are really interested in the mechanics of it,
buy this manual:
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/product.htm?code=v179

They have other titles on that site too.

You can search eBay also for : VW Manual (or similar)

Speedy Jim
http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/