AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Radweld (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=38673)

Robert July 20th 05 11:26 AM

Radweld

Is radweld any good to use in a badly corroded & leaking radiator?

Mal Osborne July 20th 05 02:27 PM

Nope, that sort of crap may help you limp along a little for a week or so,
but will probably cause more damage than good. Chuck the radiator, and put
in a new one, or if you are skint, save up a while & get one from the
wreckers, you may be lucky there.

k...

XS11E July 20th 05 02:29 PM

"Robert" > wrote in:

> Is radweld any good to use in a badly corroded & leaking radiator?

There's a bunch of temporary fixes but you KNOW what you have to do, don't
you? If you can't afford a new one (and I understand that completely!),
maybe it's repairable by a good radiator shop?

[email protected] July 20th 05 03:37 PM

I've got a used radiator from 1.8 engine. It's in good condition and
it can be yours for $100 plus actual shipping. I was going top put it
up on eBay, but I've haven't gotten around to it yet.

Robert July 20th 05 05:29 PM

Thanks for the advice all. I recon a new radiator it is then.
Thanks for the offer for your old one for $100 Jeff, but I'm in Scotland, &
the shipping would definitely cost too much. So I'm off to see the local
service station, about getting one next week.

oups.com...

737flf July 22nd 05 03:45 AM

Here's one for sale on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...sPageName=WDVW