AutoBanter

-   VW air cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   VW ads and artwork (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=21901)

Craig or Meg Phalen January 22nd 05 05:11 PM

VW ads and artwork

anybody got any good links for vintage aircooled ads or original artwork??

jjs January 22nd 05 05:31 PM

"Craig or Meg Phalen" > wrote in message
> anybody got any good links for vintage aircooled ads or original artwork??

Like this?
http://elearning.winona.edu/jjs/v/1.jpg
this?
http://elearning.winona.edu/jjs/v/4.gif

Windoze might resize the pictures so they look jaggy, but they are not.

jjs January 22nd 05 10:40 PM

At least say Thank You, ya big ingrate!

Craig or Meg Phalen January 23rd 05 12:20 AM

I said "good links"

Jan Andersson January 23rd 05 12:25 AM

Craig or Meg Phalen wrote:

> I said "good links"
> "jjs" > wrote in message
> > At least say Thank You, ya big ingrate!

You didn't give him a big manly hug.
Tsk tsk tsk. Let this be a warning.

:P

Jan

Jim January 23rd 05 01:10 AM

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:11:11 GMT, "Craig or Meg Phalen"
> wrote:

>anybody got any good links for vintage aircooled ads or original artwork??

My web site has some on its pages...

jim

www.classicvwbug4sale.info

jjs January 23rd 05 02:28 AM

"Craig or Meg Phalen" > wrote in message
>I said "good links"

Ungrateful puke. What was wrong with what I gave you? Lemmie guess - you
stole it and now act like you didn't. So much for you. I'll keep the rest of
the URLs, asshole.

Kidd Andersson January 23rd 05 06:30 AM

>Ungrateful puke. What was wrong with what I gave you? Lemmie guess - you
>stole it and now act like you didn't. So much for you. I'll keep the rest of
>the URLs, asshole.

Good Jebus. Somebody get Jim some ****ing Midol already.

The links didn't work for me, "page not found" so I'm assuming this is what he
was talking about. Links that actually have pages attached would be nice. ;)

K.
John C's proof: http://hometown.aol.com/littlevwgoddess/page5.html

Jan Andersson January 23rd 05 08:59 AM

Kidd Andersson wrote:

> >Ungrateful puke. What was wrong with what I gave you? Lemmie guess - you
> >stole it and now act like you didn't. So much for you. I'll keep the rest of
> >the URLs, asshole.
> >

> Good Jebus. Somebody get Jim some ****ing Midol already.

ummm John.

jjs January 23rd 05 05:03 PM

"Kidd Andersson" > wrote in message

> The links didn't work for me, "page not found" so I'm assuming this is
> what he
> was talking about. Links that actually have pages attached would be nice.
> ;)

I took it down after the guy said the pictures were not good.

Kidd Andersson January 23rd 05 08:08 PM

>> Good Jebus. Somebody get Jim some ****ing Midol already.
>
>ummm John.

Jim, John, Jerry, Jason, Jackass... all the same to me. :)

(Just kidding Jim... Err.. JOHN)

jjs January 23rd 05 09:06 PM

"Kidd Andersson" > wrote in message
>>> Good Jebus. Somebody get Jim some ****ing Midol already.

>>ummm John.

> Jim, John, Jerry, Jason, Jackass... all the same to me. :)

Jackass works. No problem.

Howard Rose January 23rd 05 11:42 PM

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:11:11 GMT, "Craig or Meg Phalen"
> wrote:

>anybody got any good links for vintage aircooled ads or original artwork??

I have some on my website. Please don't copy them though.

--
Howard Rose
1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe

Dennis Wik January 23rd 05 11:44 PM

Thanks for the effort and pics is not the same as "nice links" . It's
kind of like someone taking the time to show several requested poses of
a special friend and after suppling them, the response is " I wanted
bigger pictures, oh ya. "nice tits". I agree with John.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

jjs January 24th 05 12:04 AM

"Howard Rose" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 17:11:11 GMT, "Craig or Meg Phalen"
> > wrote:
>
>>anybody got any good links for vintage aircooled ads or original artwork??

> I have some on my website. Please don't copy them though.

Harh! Good one, Howard. The guy is out to copy, pirate, whatever but I
really don't think he's interested in just looking.

jjs January 24th 05 12:07 AM

"Dennis Wik" > wrote in message
> Thanks for the effort and pics is not the same as "nice links" . It's
> kind of like someone taking the time to show several requested poses of
> a special friend and after suppling them, the response is " I wanted
> bigger pictures, oh ya. "nice tits". I agree with John.

Hi, Dennis:

My pictures are from original old literature, in particular 1958 and
earlier. I think I'll just hang back and pass them on to people I know
rather than freeloaders. Of course that means you are free to have whatever
I have, brother.

John Boy

Kidd Andersson January 24th 05 05:32 AM

Jackass, pass the old stuff my way. I like the little ads from way back when. I
have some funny ones from the Army and one about carpooling that says "When you
ride alone, you're riding with Hitler."

Howard Rose January 24th 05 06:05 PM

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 18:04:39 -0600, "jjs" > wrote:

>Harh! Good one, Howard. The guy is out to copy, pirate, whatever but I
>really don't think he's interested in just looking.

It's only a polite asking :-)

I don't mind someone to print them out or anything, but I do resent
them to be copied and posted up on other websites. It's happened
before. Fair enough if they are the owner's scans, but I spent a LONG
time doing those!

Of course, they're not my copyright, but they are my scans ;-)