AutoBanter

-   Dodge (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Dodge Caravan Roof Rack (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=4063)

Tony May 26th 04 01:02 PM

Dodge Caravan Roof Rack

For the first time in 14 years I own a non-Toyota product, purchased a used 2001 Dodge Caravan. I am wondering if anyone knows where to find a roof rack for the Caravan. Also would like to know if there are any tricks or tips for installing an aftermarket stereo in the dash since it is a din & 1/2 size.

Thanks

Tony

Kamus of Kadizhar May 26th 04 01:22 PM

On Wed, 26 May 2004 05:02:25 -0700, Tony wrote:

> For the first time in 14 years I own a non-Toyota product, purchased a used 2001 Dodge Caravan. I am wondering if anyone knows where to find a roof rack for the Caravan. Also would like to know if there are any tricks or tips for installing an aftermarket stereo in the dash since it is a din & 1/2 size.

What sort of roof rack? The factory kind? Or a real one?

Try

http://www.yakima.com
http://www.thule.com
http://www.draftmaster.com
http://www.graberproducts.com
http://www.rhodegear.com (apparently bought out by Yakima)
http://www.biketote.com

See <http://www.seiner.com/~westy/index.php/BicycleRacks> (sort of related)

--Kamus

> Thanks

Please set your news client to post text only, not html.

Thanks.

Kamus of Kadizhar May 26th 04 01:22 PM

Tony May 27th 04 12:51 PM

Thanks,

I was looking for the stock rack system but notice some of those systems
bolt up to the stock mounting rail.

Tony

om...

Tony May 27th 04 12:51 PM

Thanks,

Kamus of Kadizhar May 27th 04 02:20 PM

On Thu, 27 May 2004 04:51:49 -0700, Tony wrote:

> Thanks,
>
> I was looking for the stock rack system but notice some of those systems
> bolt up to the stock mounting rail.
>
> Tony

I know Thule has feet that slide into some Chrysler product rails. You
have to dismount the rails from the vehicle, slide the factory
cross-pieces off, then reinstall the rails. IIRC, the Thule feet just fit
in.

--Kamus

Kamus of Kadizhar May 27th 04 02:20 PM

Kevin May 27th 04 05:49 PM

To install an aftermarket stereo is very easy. Just purchase a wiring harness (8 bucks), and a 1.5 din to 1 din adapter (plastic) to install any standard stereo