AutoBanter

-   Antique cars (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   where to find strip gaskets, L shaped? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7774)

Michael December 9th 04 05:31 PM

where to find strip gaskets, L shaped?

I am looking for L shaped strip gaskent, hopefully out of hard rubber or
something abrasive resistant. Ideally it will be 5/8 inch or more on
the legs and about 1/4 inch thick.

I need it various places in the trunk, around the battery holder, and
tube pass throughs. I do not think foam gaskets, like around the doors,
will hold up to the movement, but would be willing to consider them if
the outside surface is wear resistant.

Where to you got to look for shaped gasket material?

How do I glue rubber material? I have not had much luck with glues
before...

Thanks for any pointers,

Michael

Lotus Elise owner, www.sandsmuseum.com