AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Clutch pedal (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=61826)

Jerry Sauk April 8th 06 07:53 PM

Clutch pedal

Recently my clutch pedal started making a clicking sound when just before it
hits the floor. Just wondering if it's something to worry about. SC-2
2000.

I can feel the click in my foot and can hear it. Started doing it all of a
sudden. Otherwise pedal and clutch seem to be working just fine. Only
clicks when pushing the pedal down.

Jerry

SnoMan April 8th 06 09:38 PM

Clutch pedal

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 13:53:16 -0500, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>Recently my clutch pedal started making a clicking sound when just before it
>hits the floor. Just wondering if it's something to worry about. SC-2
>2000.
>
>I can feel the click in my foot and can hear it. Started doing it all of a
>sudden. Otherwise pedal and clutch seem to be working just fine. Only
>clicks when pushing the pedal down.
>
>Jerry

Throw out bearing is reaching the end of its life cyle. The good news
is that it can get a lot worse before it has to be changed. When it
starts to make a loud grinding sound, it is time to wait not much
longe. r
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com

Lane April 9th 06 01:12 AM

Clutch pedal

Both of my cars have always made this clicking sound. In my case, its the
safety switch being depressed when the pedal is at full travel.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]
---
Visit my Saturn Car Audio and Performance Page at http://www.evilplastic.com