AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   99 Jeep Wrangler Battery Gauge (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72502)

[email protected] August 16th 06 02:17 PM

99 Jeep Wrangler Battery Gauge

I have a 99 Jeep wrangelr 4cyl 5spd. I have always had those odities
that everyone talks about, the insturment cluster suddenly dying and
then coming back (mine actually comes back if I turn on the right turn
signal). Just yesterday i went to start my jeep after a short stop and
it wouldn't turn over. I played with the battery connections and then
it started up. This happened twice. Then today The "Check Gauges"
light went on and my battery gauge spiked all the way up. It dropped
down a couple of times when I was idle at a light then would spike
again a few minutes later.

Does anyone know what may be causeing this and how to fix it?

I would also like some info about how to fix the other oddities I have.
I know I am not the only one who has been experiencing them.

Jason
Orlando Florida