AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   EPC Light (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73458)

Jonathan David Jones August 30th 06 01:14 AM

EPC Light

I've seen thousands of postings about this everywhere, but I thought
I'd give it a shot. I have a 2001 VW New Beetle, and for the past three
months the EPC light keeps going on and off. Every time I take it to a
shop or the dealer, they tell me they can't see anything wrong. I've
read that it's something to do with the coils, or something to do with
the exhaust sensor, but nothing conclusive. I'd really prefer not to
break down on the side of the road. But, can I just ignore this light
as yet another thing that's wrong with my VW?

Anyone's help will be REALLY appreciated.

:JD

Lost In Space/Woodchuck August 30th 06 02:37 AM

EPC Light

coils-no
exhaust sensor-no

most common cause is the brake light switch which would also cause you not
to have brake lights at times.
also, a normal function of the EPC light flashing is if your spinning the
wheels on acceleration.

ps.com...