AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Electric window not working (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=39015)

vw stuff July 24th 05 08:54 PM

Electric window not working

Hi
Rear offside elec window has stopped working. Car is a golf 97 gti 16v 5
door. When I press the switch I can hear a click from within the door so I
am thinking it may be the motor.

Any comments???

Thanks

Mark Randol July 25th 05 12:51 PM

In article >, says...
> Hi
> Rear offside elec window has stopped working. Car is a golf 97 gti 16v 5
> door. When I press the switch I can hear a click from within the door so I
> am thinking it may be the motor.

More likely the regulator is jammed. The cables are trash.

I replaced one a couple years ago (don't use 'em much anymore) and
looked at the old one to see what could be scavenged for the Next Time.
Nothing. Any kind of wear item was not just worn, but bad in some way.

Mark
'95 Jetta GLS