AutoBanter

-   Corvette (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   T-Tops (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=22635)

Edgar Vaughn January 29th 05 01:28 PM

T-Tops

I am looking for T-Tops for an 81 vette, new or good used.. Please provide
any informtion that is available.

Dad January 29th 05 04:22 PM

"Edgar Vaughn" > wrote in message
>I am looking for T-Tops for an 81 vette, new or good used.. Please provide
> any informtion that is available.

I know of a set of new OEM transparent for sale but they were expensive.
They are near me and I can ask him to get in touch with you if that might be
what your looking for.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Kickstart January 29th 05 06:30 PM

>>I am looking for T-Tops for an 81 vette, new or good used.. Please
>>provide
>> any informtion that is available.
>>

> I know of a set of new OEM transparent for sale but they were expensive.
> They are near me and I can ask him to get in touch with you if that might
> be what your looking for.
>
> --
> Dad

Try this ?
http://www.astrotops.com/gmtops.html
I bought a set for mine instead of factory see through
just my .02

Kickstart

Bob G. January 29th 05 10:44 PM

>Try this ?
>http://www.astrotops.com/gmtops.html
>I bought a set for mine instead of factory see through
>just my .02
>
>Kickstart

=============== I've had a set of astrotops on my 79 for close to 10
years now... they work! BUT do the newer models had a "rear" lockdown
mechansim that is anygood?....

A couple of years after I puirchased my tops Astrotops DID come out
with a new rear lockdown mechanism. about 5-6 or maybe ebven 7 years
ago.....

which they GAVE me FOR FREE...so I am not complaining...

BUT it still leaves a lot to be desired...but I do try to keep the
speed down to under 100 mph with the tps in place...

Bob Griffiths
64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes

Edgar Vaughn January 29th 05 10:46 PM

Thanks for the information.