AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Info on 1984 Ford E150 Tranny (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58001)

Tony Cooper February 27th 06 02:43 AM

Info on 1984 Ford E150 Tranny

Since I'm retired, I'll be helping my son find a replacement manual
transmission for his 1984 Ford van by calling the junkyards in the
area.

What range of vehicles - dates and models - use the same manual
transmission? 198_ to 19__ ?

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL

Marsh Monster February 27th 06 05:50 AM

Info on 1984 Ford E150 Tranny

..
..
======
======
Tony Cooper wrote:
> Since I'm retired, I'll be helping my son find a replacement manual
> transmission for his 1984 Ford van by calling the junkyards in the
> area.
>
> What range of vehicles - dates and models - use the same manual
> transmission? 198_ to 19__ ?
>

> --
>

> Tony Cooper
> Orlando, FL

=======
=======

The salvage yard will have a "Hollander" book and should
be willing to tell you.

or.....

try this .......
http://www.hollanderinterchange.com/about/index.html

you can order an interchange book for yourself.

The site is free.....
the book isn't.

hopefully helpfull

~:~
MarshMonster
~:~

Tony Cooper February 28th 06 05:41 AM

Info on 1984 Ford E150 Tranny

On 27 Feb 2006 21:10:33 -0800, "Marsh Monster"
> wrote:
>> >Tony Cooper wrote:

>> The reason I'm asking here is that two past experiences with local
>> yards have resulted in purchasing items (not trannys) that they said
>> were interchangable, but weren't. I'd kinda like an independent
>> source, and not someone who wants to get rid of something.
>>

>=======
>=======
>
>Then you better disregard my reply......
>cuz....
>I'm getting rid of information.
>

>Suggestions....
>
>If you feel that locating salvage parts for this truck
>is going to be on going with this truck for years to
>come......then check out the link.

What link?

>or......
>
>do a google for "classic F150" sites.....where you're
>going to find what you need.....which is "vehical specific"
>parts interchange info. lots of sites in hyperspace

So a 1984 Ford E150 van uses the same manual tranny as a 1984 F150?

I wouldn't ask if I knew.

--

Tony Cooper
Orlando, FL