AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   well my cd changer crapped out, 97 xlt (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=20882)

fog-dog November 29th 04 08:01 AM

well my cd changer crapped out, 97 xlt

Hey folks,

I have a 97 xlt with an in console 6 disc cd changer. I hit the eject
button but it wont eject the cd magazine. Any thoughts? I figured this
would happen sooner or later, the vehicle has 225k miles on it.

fog-dog December 1st 04 01:25 AM

fog-dog wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I have a 97 xlt with an in console 6 disc cd changer. I hit the eject
> button but it wont eject the cd magazine. Any thoughts? I figured this
> would happen sooner or later, the vehicle has 225k miles on it.

can no one help with this?

Cancun Bill December 1st 04 06:54 AM

I had the same thing happen to my '96 Eddie Bauer. Look on ebay. There is a
guy on long island that has a refurbish program. I used him and he did a
good job. I think I paid about $100 including shipping and he shipped it
back in less than a week. Just do a search on ebay for "explorer CD changer"
and you'll find him.

Bill

H. M. Leary December 1st 04 03:04 PM

In article >,
fog-dog > wrote:

> fog-dog wrote:
> > Hey folks,
> >
> > I have a 97 xlt with an in console 6 disc cd changer. I hit the eject
> > button but it wont eject the cd magazine. Any thoughts? I figured this
> > would happen sooner or later, the vehicle has 225k miles on it.

> can no one help with this?

I believe these are Clarion OEMs. My '97XLT was.

I replaced the unit with an in dash Nakamichi ( SP? ) and much better speakers
and haven't looked back.

YMMV

HAND

fog-dog December 2nd 04 09:42 PM

Cancun Bill wrote:
> I had the same thing happen to my '96 Eddie Bauer. Look on ebay. There is a
> guy on long island that has a refurbish program. I used him and he did a
> good job. I think I paid about $100 including shipping and he shipped it
> back in less than a week. Just do a search on ebay for "explorer CD changer"
> and you'll find him.
>
> Bill
>

> "fog-dog" > wrote in message
>
>>Hey folks,
>>
>>I have a 97 xlt with an in console 6 disc cd changer. I hit the eject
>>button but it wont eject the cd magazine. Any thoughts? I figured this
>>would happen sooner or later, the vehicle has 225k miles on it.

Well I figured it out, there was a screw lodged down in the bottom.
This post is really helpful for this problem

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...446B%40sgi.com

-fog-dog