AutoBanter

-   Driving (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Is working on your car unhealthy? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=7977)

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend December 16th 04 06:05 PM

Is working on your car unhealthy?

Oil right out of the ground is probuly harmless but the oil and grease
used on cars has all sorts of additivies in it. In the last year i've
started to wear disposable gloves for messy jobs like oil changes or
greasing the front end.

Used to work without gloves and never had any trouble, and the guys i
see at repair shops never seem to wear gloves - but you never know.

[email protected] December 16th 04 06:52 PM

On 16 Dec 2004 10:05:08 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>Oil right out of the ground is probuly harmless but the oil and grease
>used on cars has all sorts of additivies in it. In the last year i've
>started to wear disposable gloves for messy jobs like oil changes or
>greasing the front end.
>
>Used to work without gloves and never had any trouble, and the guys i
>see at repair shops never seem to wear gloves - but you never know.

Thank you. You are correct that there are warnings about doing such
stuff without protection. For really dirty jobs, I would seal my
pores up with a product like invisable glove. It helped in reductin
the about of lingering products on my hands after a job. Now durring,
unless I was at real risk of getting bad stuff on me, like a battery
job, I would wear gloves.

A quick google search will find suppliers of the product:
http://www.chopurl.com?411

hth,

tom @ www.BookmarkAdmin.com

[email protected] December 16th 04 06:52 PM

[email protected] December 16th 04 08:21 PM

Keep on working without gloves; there's no harm in it. Actually, to be
a top-notch auto-repair dood, you've got to know the taste and smell of
the fluids in your car for proper identification purposes. Might I
suggest you start off with a swig of anti-freeze, to be followed by
some petrol?

Furious George December 16th 04 09:17 PM

wrote:
> Keep on working without gloves; there's no harm in it. Actually, to

be
> a top-notch auto-repair dood, you've got to know the taste and smell

of
> the fluids in your car for proper identification purposes. Might I
> suggest you start off with a swig of anti-freeze, to be followed by
> some petrol?

When I want to have a good time, I usually stick to Peruvian marching
powder and hookers, but whatever floats your boat. Just don't fart
near open flames.

Furious George December 16th 04 09:17 PM

[email protected] December 17th 04 12:34 AM

Aw, shucks! Those pretty blue flames are half the reason for injesting
that stuff.

[email protected] December 17th 04 12:34 AM

Olaf Gustafson December 17th 04 07:42 PM

On 16 Dec 2004 10:05:08 -0800, "Laura Bush murdered her boy friend"
> wrote:

>Oil right out of the ground is probuly harmless but the oil and grease
>used on cars has all sorts of additivies in it. In the last year i've
>started to wear disposable gloves for messy jobs like oil changes or
>greasing the front end.
>
>Used to work without gloves and never had any trouble, and the guys i
>see at repair shops never seem to wear gloves - but you never know.

Don't be such a pussy. I saw a documentary on old cars in Cuba and
there was an old guy who made brake pads - he used no gloves and
worked with asbestos. He said he knew it was hazardous, but what
could he do?

You will be lucky if you live as long as he has.