AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   156 boot light repeater doodaa (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=430)

Grrr September 10th 04 06:33 PM

156 boot light repeater doodaa

hi all,

156 has decided to say the boot is open when it isnt! checked the switch,
and the loom, still the light on the dash glows, keeps setting the alarm off
as well,

any clues please

Gary

Alfistagj September 10th 04 06:39 PM

Used to have this as well.
Although you think the boot is closed, the lock usually misses the second
"click".
A good firm push will do the job, otherwise you'll have to re-adjusted.
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Grrr" > schreef in bericht

Grrr September 10th 04 06:45 PM

Alfistagj wrote:
> Used to have this as well.
> Although you think the boot is closed, the lock usually misses the
> second "click".
> A good firm push will do the job, otherwise you'll have to
> re-adjusted.

thanks, have already adjusted the boot lock and checked the microswitch,
bent it out a smidgen to see if that would work (it didn't)

Gary

Grrr September 10th 04 08:50 PM

Grrr wrote:
> Alfistagj wrote:
>> Used to have this as well.
>> Although you think the boot is closed, the lock usually misses the
>> second "click".
>> A good firm push will do the job, otherwise you'll have to
>> re-adjusted.
>>

> thanks, have already adjusted the boot lock and checked the
> microswitch, bent it out a smidgen to see if that would work (it
> didn't)

just had another play,when I open a door all the doors on the display light
dimly and pulse, when all the doors are closed the boot repeater flashes ,
bit more than a stuck switch me thinks

Alfistagj September 10th 04 09:57 PM

What happens when you open the boot and only close the lock (fully, so pass
the second halt as well)
Does the light go out? Does the alarm function?

Grrr September 10th 04 11:39 PM

Alfistagj wrote:
> What happens when you open the boot and only close the lock (fully,
> so pass the second halt as well)
> Does the light go out? Does the alarm function?

boot light goes off, panel light stays on, plip the locks alarm goes off,
tested the switch with a meter, bridged it out as well, still no idea:(