AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   so I need shocks (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=33104)

Mythic May 19th 05 01:13 AM

so I need shocks

I can get some stock 04 tj shocks, will these fit a 97 TJ?

Thanks
(hope I don't cause another flame war! :)

Jerry Bransford May 19th 05 01:36 AM

Yep, those will fit perfectly. :)

--
Jerry Bransford
PP-ASEL N6TAY

Mythic May 19th 05 01:44 AM

Jerry Bransford wrote:
> Yep, those will fit perfectly. :)
>
> Mythic wrote:
>
>> I can get some stock 04 tj shocks, will these fit a 97 TJ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> (hope I don't cause another flame war! :)

Great! Thanks again!

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III May 19th 05 02:08 AM

What I do to make sure is go to major shock manufacturers, such as:
http://www.gabriel.com/ProductFinder.aspx or
http://www.monroe.com/catalog_lookup/E_Catalog/ and look them up:
http://www.billhughes.com/tjShocks.jpg And yes, these two years have the
same numbers.
The flame war wouldn't be your fault, but hey they're fun, join
in.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Mythic May 19th 05 02:44 AM

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:
> What I do to make sure is go to major shock manufacturers, such as:
> http://www.gabriel.com/ProductFinder.aspx or
> http://www.monroe.com/catalog_lookup/E_Catalog/ and look them up:
> http://www.billhughes.com/tjShocks.jpg And yes, these two years have the
> same numbers.
> The flame war wouldn't be your fault, but hey they're fun, join
> in.
> God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
>

> Mythic wrote:
>
>>I can get some stock 04 tj shocks, will these fit a 97 TJ?
>>
>>Thanks
>>(hope I don't cause another flame war! :)

Nah, I'll stay away from the flames, but thanks for the invite! ;)

I'm thinking, instead of getting new shocks, I might get the RE 2" BB,
that includes 4 Doetsch Tech DT0 Shocks for $300 cdn.

Might as well do something like that, instead of just putting stock
shocks on it.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III May 19th 05 03:12 AM

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...h+thi s+group
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Carl Saiyed May 19th 05 05:42 AM

I did a 2" BB on my 89 Cherokee. The stock coils up front were VERY VERY
flexy with the spacers installed, and no ride quality lost.

HTH

Carl

.. .

DiezMon May 19th 05 09:02 PM

So, how does one know when they NEED new shocks?

.. .

Jeff Strickland May 19th 05 09:09 PM

Tire wear. Shaking. Seeing the hood bob up and down relative to the horizon.
There are many indicators that the shocks have taken a bye.

Kevin in San Diego May 20th 05 03:59 AM

Leaking shocks or caved in shock cans is my major reason for failure lol. I
beat them into submission.
KH