AutoBanter

-   Jeep (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FS 73 cj5 - northern illinois (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=73670)

[email protected] September 2nd 06 05:58 AM

FS 73 cj5 - northern illinois

Hi everyone. I finally decided it's time to give someone else a chance
to put this 73 cj5 back into form. I visited this forum often in the
late nineties up until a couple years ago.Lurking mostly. I learned a
lot. I've since moved to a new house, one that won't fit my Jeep
project. I thought I would be able to make time to get back to where
it's stored and work on it, but that's not happening. So here's what I
got:

1973 Jeep CJ-5 rebuilt amc 304 v8 with just over 1000 miles on it.
Trans, transfer case, and front axle have also been rebuilt. It's
running fine and you can drive it home.

The body is a bit rusty. This is where my project stalled. Trying to
come up with a plan for the body.

I also have about everything else ready for a full rebuild right down
to a spare frame, prepped with a M.O.R.E. shackle reversal kit. Just
start swapping parts over, take care of the body problem, and you're
good to go. It's a nice project for someone with the space and the
time.

Check it out he

Tim Ward