AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Keypad door lock panel code combination - 99 Explorer sport (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=72454)

jb August 16th 06 04:15 AM

Keypad door lock panel code combination - 99 Explorer sport

1999 Explorer keyless door panel lock code?? Where is it on this vehicle?
On my Tbirds and Cougars it was on a sticker on the trunk hindge but not on
this one. Anyone know where to look? I do not have the manual and the
owner was of no help.......they never used it or so they claim.
HELP!!!!!

Jim Tiberio August 16th 06 03:58 PM

"jb" > wrote in message
> 1999 Explorer keyless door panel lock code?? Where is it on this vehicle?
> On my Tbirds and Cougars it was on a sticker on the trunk hindge but not
> on this one. Anyone know where to look? I do not have the manual and the
> owner was of no help.......they never used it or so they claim.
> HELP!!!!!

Two door or four door? Look in the wheel jack compartment.

grwhiffen August 18th 06 06:35 PM

Keypad door lock panel code combination - 99 Explorer sport

jb, the code is on the computer located in the compartment where the jack is
stores, drivers side rear. It is located on a sticker on the computer. It is
really hard to read, I had to remove the computer part way on the last one I
did. It should be 5 digit number.
To test if the system works, pressing 7/8 & 9/0 should lock the car.

robert

grwhiffen August 18th 06 06:37 PM

Keypad door lock panel code combination - 99 Explorer sport

BTW a Ford garage can pull the code with their computer, $45 to $75 for the
test.