AutoBanter

-   General (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   GM 50,000 mile stuff (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=15781)

Barry November 9th 04 03:51 AM

GM 50,000 mile stuff

Hello All,

I just passed 50,000 miles in my 99 Grand Prix GTP (heavy driver).
From the sales pitch when I bought the car, 50k was the number for
"tune up" type maintenance.

What should be done? Spark plugs, fluid changes???

I'd like to be somewhat prepared before going in for service and try
to avoid being sold a $250 "Johnson Rod"

Thanks,
Barry

Timothy J. Lee November 11th 04 12:32 AM

In article >,
Barry > wrote:
>I just passed 50,000 miles in my 99 Grand Prix GTP (heavy driver).
>From the sales pitch when I bought the car, 50k was the number for
>"tune up" type maintenance.
>
>What should be done? Spark plugs, fluid changes???

The checklist is in the owner's manual that came with the car.

Timothy J. Lee

kyle lallave November 11th 04 07:16 PM

u should prob change ur oil, take a look at the transmission fluid and see
if it needs to be changed and check your spark plugs and get the replaced