AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   88 535i inspection light (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=2193)

David N Emmet November 18th 04 10:28 PM

88 535i inspection light

My 535i will have the tach fail, and the inspection light come on
intermitently.
Car runs fine and does not stumble when this occurs, and corrects itself in
just a moment or two.
Any thoughts?

Grant November 19th 04 01:03 PM

Welcome to my world. I have an 87 535i and experienced the same problem
for a while........until it failed for good. I've been meaning to fix it
and understand that there the problem may be related to 2 batteries behind
the dash. Good luck.

Grant

Bill November 19th 04 08:44 PM

I've seen the intakes from BMP and BavAuto for late models. I was wondering
if there was something better for the M30 ('86 535i). I'm not talking about
the filter mods, but the actual intake manifold. Maybe something that
doesn't cross over the head. Has anyone retrofitted a newer hotfilm/wire air
mass meter to the earlier M30?
Bill
'86 535i U.S.